Locally known as Bullers pit, this site has a Pumping Engine House dating back to 1881 on Deep Shaft and a small hillock. The engine house has a plaque “IAW 1881”. The colliery was operated latterly by the Mangotsfield Colliery Co who worked the Great (215ft) and Little (229ft) seams. The engine ultimately worked down to 285ft in depth. The pit closed in 1891.
This site is quite strange indeed being situated in the middle of a modern housing estate, the engine house and hillock are nicely conserved and serve as a nice reminder of the past in the modern urban sprawl of Bristol.