This limestone quarry was worked from around 1900 to 1950 by the company BLF (Buxton Lime Firms) and is located next to the  A6 where the quarry and lime kiln kilns can be found up in the wood at  NGR SK078724. It is worth a visit if only to see the fantastic neo Egyptian style buildings. These are currently under threat from a road access proposal to the quarry site allowing the disused quarry to be developed as mineral water plant.

 

 

 

COWDALE LIMESTONE QUARRY - BUILDINGS