Formerly a large colliery, now only the beam engine house remains at NGR NS897958. This worked intermittently even into the 1950's to augment more modern pumping arrangements.
The beam remains but the engine is gone, and the pumping shaft filled in. The engine house lies on an industrial estate built over the former colliery site and can be accessed with relative ease from the main road.
The engine house is in fine restored condition built to a high standard from dress stone with original slate roof and windows of cast iron construction.