Foxfield colliery, Dilhorne was in operation from 1880-1965. It is situated in the Cheadle coalfield in Staffordshire. Sinking the first shaft (752ft deep) started in 1880, but was not completed until 1888. A second shaft was sunk at a later date to 1000 feet deep and remained in use at that depth until the colliery closed. The surface remains of this colliery can be located at NGR SJ976447 and consist of a winding engine house, 2 headgears, a screens building, baths, offices and also the pit yard and entrance lodge. Many of the buildings are in industrial use. The winding house and headgears are under the care of the Foxfield Railway who run trains into the colliery site on gala days. There are lots of nice original features about this site and it is a nice if little known survivor.