This fantastic range of colliery buildings are probably some of the finest in the UK and are located NGR ST213985 in the Ebbw Valley at Crumlin, the mine closed in 1967 but only the headgears, machinery and screens were removed leaving the complex of buildings we see today. These include two winding engine houses, fan house, chimney and workshops. The buildings architecture is exceptional and was designed and built to exhibition standard in 1911 and uses red brick with yellow brick pilasters.
The site is readily accessible and well worth photographing. It is sad to say that the buildings are deteriorating and it is to be hoped somebody can find a re-use for them.