Shildon Lead Mine pumping engine house stands at NGR NY959511 near Blanchland. It is listed but is in unrestored condition but seems in fairly good condition. The engine house contained a beam pumping engine built by Boulton & Watt in 1807. However after a few years the engine had been removed and the building converted to a house, hence the blocked in Bob aperture. The mine was last worked by the Derwent Mining Co. There are various overgrown dumps on the otherside of the stream below the engine house and slightly up stream of the engine house is a well preserved stone built tramway bridge.