The copper mine was in operation from 1837 to 1885 and can be found on the SW slopes of Caradon Hill at NGR SX266698. This was the richest of the Caradon Mines and is rich in surface remains, so be prepared for a good walk and lengthy visit. There are many engine houses on site, including the base of a man engine house and large dump at Kittow’s Shaft at SX274699 and a large intact Pumping Engine House at Holman’s Shaft SX269698 nearby. The mines main dump is at Holman’s and until recently a tunnel for the Liskeard and Caradon Railway (which served the mine) ran through this but has now sadly collapsed. Below in the Caradon Stream valley is Jope’s Engine house at SX266698 and traces of the dressing floors heading North along the valley. More engine houses cling to the hillside above on the East of the valley at SX265700, whilst opposite there are the huge dumps of the West Caradon Mine. Again threading through this are the remains of the Liskeard and Caradon Railway. An as yet un-conserved site that is a must do in East Cornwall.