North east of Shelve village at NGR SO355995 lies Tankerville Lead Mine which was once one of the most productive Lead Mines in Shropshire. The mine was worked for Lead, Silver, Zinc and Barytes between 1865 and 1925. The mine had 4 shafts, at least 2 engine houses, workshop etc buildings and dressing floors. The site is controlled by the Shropshire Mines Trust (SMT) and consists of two areas, separated by a track, the smaller area including the ruined engine house and chimney of Old or Ovenpipe Shaft is off limits or by arrgt with SMT, however the larger area which includes the magnificent Watsons 40 inch Pumpining Engine House, Shaft and chimney. This is an excellent engine house in a scenic location that should not be missed.